A Healthy Diet Plan
When choosing a healthy diet plan, experts urge us to choose one that can gradually become a lifestyle and does not put our health at risk for the sake of beauty. This way, we not only eliminate some pounds that give us a hard time, but we also improve our health.
A Healthy Diet Plan Picture
Step 1: Monitor the diet
In order to make a healthy diet plan, first you must know what is a balanced healthy diet. Nutritionists recommend eating whole grains, fruits and vegetables and limit the intake of fats and sweets. Once you know the principles of a balanced diet, changes can begin. It is advisable to keep a diet journal for one or two weeks, in which you will write what you eat and drink during this period of time and the number of snacks you have for each main food group.
Step 2: The start of change
First consult the journal. If it is considered that what you consume is more than necessary, it means that you accumulate more fat, salt and calories than you need. If you consume more meat and fewer vegetables, it means that the diet is high in saturated fat and low in fiber. If you eat fast food, it means that a large amount of salt and sugar is ingested.
Be sure to read the labels before buying a product and look for the amount of nutrients that it contains. Foods like fast food usually contain little or no fruits and vegetables. So it is advisable to consume the recommended amounts of fruits and vegetables.
Step 3: Make small changes
You should not make suddenly drastic changes in your diet. Instead, habitual changes should be made slowly and gradually.
You can use the instructions below:
- Eat wholemeal bread instead of white
- Eat brown rice instead of white
- Consume pasta made from whole wheat flour instead of white; you can try a mixture of the two
- Consume 1% skimmed milk
- Eat cheese and yogurt
- Add greater amounts of fruits and vegetables in meals or consume them as snacks
- Add spinach, tomato, cucumber and onion in sandwiches
Step 4: Know the ingredients
If you want to conceive a healthy diet plan you must know about the effects of certain aliments on your body:
- Fat: Hydrogenated or saturated fats can increase cholesterol levels; monounsaturated fat, polyunsaturated or omega-3 reduce the risk of coronary heart disease; Omega-3 can be found in fish, such as tuna, carp, salmon, as well as in vegetables like canola oil, nuts, wheat germ, soybeans.This results in lowering triglycerides and blood pressure.
- Carbohydrates: Grains can be used as a source of carbohydrates, such as using brown rice instead of white or wholemeal bread instead of white; whole grains provide fiber in the diet and reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Sugar: Fruits contain natural sugar, and many vitamins and minerals; candy or sodas, except the ones 100% natural, have been refined and nutrients were removed. Too much sugar can lead to early satiety and thus remove other nutritious foods in the diet, contributing to excess calories and weight gain. Reading labels on purchased products can help to maintain a healthy diet.