Updo Prom Hairstyles
Updos can come in a wide variety of styles such as curly updos, messy updos, updos worn up high, worn low or in any style you prefer. There’s one to suit every style and hair type, and even every prom dress. Check out these updo prom hairstyles for 4 unique beautiful looks.
The Messy Ponytail
The number one reason everyone loves messy ponytails is that they don’t have to be perfect to pull off. For a prom night, wear your messy ponytail with bold make-up and long earrings. It is a great and easy look to do at home. This is how you can achieve it.
1. Begin by straightening your hair. If you don’t own a flat iron, you should buy one as soon as possible as this is by far the most useful hair styling tool.
2. Tease the crown of your hair and the roots until you have enough volume
3. Lightly brush the hair so you have a smooth look
4. Pull your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a hair elastic
5. Gently pull pieces of hair outward
6. Add hairspray
The Teased Chignon
Regarding updo prom hairstyles, a teased chignon will make you stand out on the dance floor. You can wear it with a strapless long dress and red lipstick. Don’t forget (yo) to add hairspray and you’re ready to go! This is what you have to do.
1. Separate the front section of hair
2. Tease the back section until you get plenty of volume
3. Use a brush to smooth it out lightly
4. Bring your hair together at the nape of your neck
5. Twist one side over and pin it into place, continue with your bun and pin it
6. Lightly tease the front sections and wrap around the bun
The Curly Updo
The curly updo is a popular hairstyle for prom, because it’s classic and stunning. It goes well with a cat eye makeup and a bold lipstick. It’s perfect if you have natural curls because this hairstyle uses your natural curls as an advantage. However, if you have straight hair, you can achieve this look by using a curling hair. The rest is simple. Just follow these steps
1. Section the hair by making small buns in the bottom section of your hair
2. Take a section of hair above the hair, twist it and pin it above the small buns.
3. Repeat step 2 on the other side of hair
4. Tease the remaining top section of hair
5. Twist the remaining hair and pin it into the updo, as more curly buns
6. Style your bangs as desired and use hairspray
The Top Knot
The top know is a popular choice among easy updo prom hairstyles. You can achieve this easy look at home. For a prom night, take your top knot hairstyle and make it more sophisticated. Just follow these steps.
1. Straighten your hair and apply smoothing products.
2. Section your long bangs to pin back later into the knot
3. Gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure with a hair elastic
4. Twist the ponytail into a tight bun and secure it with bobby pins
5. Pin back the bangs you have sectioned earlier
6. Secure the hair with a strong hairspray